1, 131 Likes 28 Dislikes
This is my step-by-step answer for everyone who asks: How to become a real estate agent and what's the best way to start? Enjoy! Add me on Snapchat/Instagram: GPStephan -- Sign up for $50 off + a Free Coaching call with code COACHING 50: https://goo.gl/UFpi4c
Learn my exact strategies to help grow your career as a real estate agent to a six-figure income, how to best build your network of clients, expand into luxury markets, and exactly what you can do to begin taking your career to the next level…these strategies took me to $120,000,000 in sales volume: https://goo.gl/UFpi4c (Code: COACHING50)
Join the private Real Estate Facebook Group:
1. Actually get your real estate license. Go online and there are a TON of schools out there you can go to. Overall, it doesn’t matter too much what class you take online - they’re all pretty much the same, so I’d go with the most cost effective option because you may as well just save the money. If you want to take the classes in person, you can but it’ll generally take a little longer and it’ll cost you a little more money, so personally I’d rather just get it out of the way as quick as possible, for as little as possible, and just take it online.
2. As you’re getting your license, or after you get your license, begin networking. Just go to open houses in the area you want to work in and meet other agents. This part is just about meeting other agents and getting to know the markets you want to work in - you’ll need to do this at some point, anyway, so you may as well just start now.
3. When you’re at the house, introduce yourself to the agent and begin networking. As long as they’re not busy or right in the middle of something, most would be happy to talk with you. Just be honest, say you’re getting in real estate and want to learn the business. Ask how they enjoy it, what they think of it, how long they’ve been doing it for, what they think of that area - just be open to learning from them and hearing their opinions.
4. So by this point, I’m going to assume you’ve been doing the third step for a 2-3 months now, you’ve probably seen 50-70 homes, you’ve probably met at least three or four dozen Realtors by now. And this is the part where everyone asks me…”how do I get started, what’s the best way?” Once you get your license, the BEST way to begin in real estate is to work as an assistant or intern to another agent to learn the business.
Chances are you’re not going to do much business in your first 6-12 months anyway, so use this time as an opportunity to learn as much as possible. This does a few things: You’re able to learn firsthand from an agent who’s busy enough to need an assistant. And you’re able to get PAID to learn, which means you’d be figuring this stuff out on your own, anyway, so you may as well get paid to learn from someone who’s doing it day to day. So how do you find someone like this? Well, you’ve networked with dozens of real estate agents while you were getting your license - reach out to them! Offer to help. If there are particular people you really liked, call them up and offer to take them out for lunch or coffee. This is how I ended up meeting my first mentor, it was from a random open house I went to and we hit it off.
You could also walk into the real estate brokerages you’d like to work for, in the area you want to work in, and speak with the person at the front desk to find out if anyone is in need of an assistant. You can also check online for job postings, I promise there are usually a few going at any single time from agents looking for assistants.
5. I’d recommend doing #4 for 6-12 months. Literally this is the best chance to learn and get PAID to learn, or get entirely free training from someone day to day firsthand. But this isn’t the end goal - obviously the end goal is to get comfortable enough to eventually go off your own, and I’d imagine after a year you should be fairly comfortable with the process to feel comfortable enough to forge your own path and begin growing your own business. This is where you ideally want to be…and after a year, you should be in the position where you know exactly what to do and how you can begin growing your business without the training wheels of someone else.
For business inquiries or one-on-one real estate investing/real estate agent consulting or coaching, you can reach me at GrahamStephanBusiness@gmail.com
The Millionaire Real Estate Agent: http://goo.gl/TPTSVC
Your money or your life: https://goo.gl/fmlaJR
The Millionaire Real Estate Investor: https://goo.gl/sV9xtl
How to Win Friends and Influence People: https://goo.gl/1f3Meq
Think and grow rich: https://goo.gl/SSKlyu
Awaken the giant within: https://goo.gl/niIAEI
The Book on Rental Property Investing: https://goo.gl/qtJqFq
Favorite Credit Cards:
Chase Sapphire Reserve - https://goo.gl/sT68EC
American Express Platinum - https://goo.gl/C9n4e3